Some Windows 10 users are reporting that Windows Store doesn’t let them download Forza Motorsport 6: Apex. In the majority of cases, this error code occurs despite the fact that the PC is capable enough to meet the minimum requirements.
- Forza Motorsport 6 Pc Game Download Latest
- Forza 4 Free Download
- Forza Motorsport 6 Pc Game Download App
Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Torrent needed to be made because the game truly deserves this. The latest instalment of Forza Motorsport was designed for PC computers and in this racing game we can personate the race driver, who chooses the car he wants to race and participate in the biggest events in the world.
After investigating this particular issue thoroughly, it turns out that there are several different causes that might contribute to the apparition of this issue. Here’s a shortlist of several potential scenarios that might end up producing this error:
- PC doesn’t meet the minimum requirements – By far, the most common reason why you might encounter this problem the fact that your computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements. You should start this troubleshooting guide by ensuring that’s not the case.
- Glitched Windows Store Component – According to some affected users, this issue can also occur due to some kind of local corruption affecting a sub-component or dependency of the built-in Store. In this case, you should be able to fix the issue by resetting Windows Store conventionally or from an elevated command prompt.
- Integrated GPU interference – As it turns out if you’re encountering this issue on a laptop that has both an integrated and a dedicated GPU, it’s possible that the store doesn’t allow you to download the game because it treats the integrated GPU as the only graphics card solution. In this case, you should be able to resolve the problem by disabling the integrated GPU using Device Manager.
- Missing Anniversary Update – Another important box that needs to be checked in order to be eligible to download the game is the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. If this update is missing from your computer, install it and bring your Windows to build up to date before trying to download the game once again.
- Licensing inconsistency – Under certain circumstances, you might encounter this problem due to a licensing inconsistency related to the game. There are several ways of making Microsoft ‘aware’ that you have the right to download the game. One is to plug in an Xbox controller and restart the store and the second is to download the game from the My Library menu.
Now that you know every potential culprit, here’s a list of methods that will allow you to identify and fix the problem:
Method 1: Check the Minimum Requirements
Before you start pointing fingers as to why this error is occurring, the ideal way to start is to make sure that your PC configuration is powerful enough to run the game.
Keep in mind that Windows Store will prevent you from downloading the game if it detects that your computer is not strong enough to meet the minimum requirements.
Here are the minimum system requirements that your computer needs to meet for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex:
- CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7 Ghz
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit version 1511
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 / Radeon R7 250X
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
- FREE DISK SPACE: 30 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB
If you are unsure whether your PC configuration meets the minimum requirements, you can use a service like Can I Run It to automatically check if your computer I strong enough to run the game.
To use this service, just type the name of the game in the search bar, then press on Can You Run it and give the necessary permissions so the utility can check your configuration.
Note: If this is the first time you’re using this service, you’ll need to download an executable and run in order to install the Detection app.
If you don’t want to use a 3rd party utility, you can also check if your computer meets the minimum requirements from an elevated Command Prompt. To do this, press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box. Next, type ‘cmd’ inside the text box and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open up an elevated Command Prompt.
Inside the elevated Command Prompt, type ‘systeminfo‘ and press Enter to get an overview of your PC configuration.
Note: In case your PC doesn’t pass the minimum requirements, that’s the reason why Windows Store doesn’t allow you to download the game. In this case, the only thing you can do is upgrade your hardware.
In case the investigation you just did have confirmed that you meet the minimum requirements, move down to the next method below.
Method 2: Resetting the Windows Store Component
As it turns out, this problem can also occur if your Windows Store is currently affected by some type of local corruption (most likely affecting the cached data stored by the application).
Some users that were dealing with the same issue have confirmed that they manage to fix this issue by resetting the entire Windows Store component – Doing this finally allowed Windows Store to detect the hardware correctly and allowed them to download the game.
When it comes to resetting the Windows Store component, you have 2 choices:
- You can reset Windows Store from the Settings menu of Windows 10
- You can reset Windows Store from an elevated CMD prompt
Regardless of your preferred approach, we’ve created 2 separate sub-guides to accommodate both scenarios. Follow the guide you’re more comfortable with:
A. Resetting Windows Store via Settings Menu
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box. Next, type “ms-settings:appsfeatures” and press Enter to open up the Apps & Features menu of the Settings app.
- Inside the Apps & Features menu, move down through the list of installed applications, and locate Microsoft Store.
- Once you manage to locate the entry associated with Microsoft Store, click on the Advanced Options hyperlink associated with it (under Microsoft Corporation).
- Next, scroll down to the Reset tab and click on the Reset button to initiate the process. After you start the operation, wait patiently until the operation is complete.
- At the end of this process, reboot your computer and see if the issue is resolved at the next computer startup.
B. Resetting Windows Store via CMD window
- Open up a Run dialog box by pressing Windows key + R. Next, type ‘cmd’ inside the text box and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open up an elevated Command Prompt. When you’re prompted by the UAC (User Account Control), click Yes to grant administrative access.
- Inside the elevated Command prompt, type the following command and press Enter to effectively reset the Windows Store along with every involved dependency:
- After the command is successfully processed, restart your computer and see if the problem is fixed once the next startup is complete.
If Windows Store still refuses to allow you to download the game despite the fact that you meet the minimum requirements, move down to the next potential fix below.
Method 3: Disabling the Integrated Graphics Card (if applicable)
As it turns out if you have a laptop with both a dedicated GPU and an integrated solution, the reason why Windows Store will prevent you from downloading the game might be that the requirement check fails to identify the dedicated GPU, so it threats this scenario like the integrated solution is the most capable graphics card.
Several affected users that were previously dealing with the same issue have confirmed that they were able to fix the problem by disabling the integrated GPU, forcing the PC configuration to use the dedicated graphics card by default.
This should work in case a simple reset on the Windows Store component was ineffective.
If this scenario is applicable to your situation, follow the instructions below to use Device Manager to disable the integrated solution in order to force Windows Store to detect the default GPU:
- Open up a Run dialog box by pressing Windows key + R. Next, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter to open up Device Manager.
- Once you’re inside Device Manager, scroll down through the list of devices and expand the drop-down menu associated with Display Adapters. Inside the Display Adapters drop-down menu, right-click on your integrated graphics card and choose DisableDevice from the context menu.
- Once the integrated GPU has been successfully disabled, restart your computer and wait for the next startup to complete.
- After your computer boots back up, open Microsoft Store again and see if you are now allowed to download Forza Motorsport 6: Apex.
If the same problem is still occurring, move down to the next potential fix below.
Method 4: Installing every Pending Windows Update
As it turns out, a major requirement that should not be missed from your Windows 10 installation if you want to be able to download the game is the Windows Anniversary Update. This will be installed automatically unless you’re specifically preventing it from being installed or you’ve just clean installed an older build of Windows 10 and Windows Update was not yet able to download and installed every pending update.
Several affected users were also unable to download Forza Motorsport 6 Apex have confirmed that they were finally been able to do so after using the Windows Update component to download & install every pending update on their Windows 10 computer.
Forza Motorsport 6 Pc Game Download Latest
If you want to expedite the process, follow the instructions below to install every pending Windows Update from the dedicated menu:
- Open up a Run dialog box by pressing Windows key + R. Next, type ”ms-settings:windowsupdate” and press Enter to open up the Windows Update tab of the Settings app.
- Once you’re inside the Windows Update screen, move over to the right-hand menu and click on Check for Updates, then follow the on-screen prompts to install every pending Windows Update (including the Anniversary Update).
Note: Keep in mind that depending on the number and gravity of the updates that need to be installed, you might be forced to restart your computer before every pending update is installed. In this case, restart your computer as instructed, but return to this screen once the next startup is complete and continue with the installation of the remaining update.
- Once you’re finally able to bring your Windows 10 build to the latest version available, attempt to download Forza Motorsport 6: Apex again and see if the problem is now fixed.
In case you’re still unable to download the game, move down below for 2 potential workarounds.
Method 5: Plugging in an Xbox Controller (if applicable)
This is not a fix, but rather a workaround that several affected users have successfully used to download the game after everything else failed.
If you have previously made sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements and none of the potential fixes featured above have worked for you, you might want to plug in an Xbox controller (Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X) via a USB cable before attempting to download the game again.
I know this sounds like a weird fix, but it’s been confirmed to be effective by a lot of affected users. For some reason, this might make the Microsoft Store component realize that your computer is capable enough to run the game.
Note: After you plug in the controller, restart the Microsoft Store component and see if the GET button becomes available.
If the same problem is still occurring, move down to the next potential fix below.
Method 6: Downloading the Game from My Library Section (if applicable)
If you’ve previously played the game on this computer and your Microsoft account holds the license for it, you should be able to download the game locally via the My Library section instead of the Gaming tab.
This method was confirmed to be effective by a lot of affected users that already redeemed the game previously.
Forza 4 Free Download
In case this scenario is applicable and you already own the rights of the game on your Microsoft account, follow the instructions below to download the game from the My Library Section:
Forza Motorsport 6 Pc Game Download App
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box. next, type ‘ms-windows–store‘ inside the text box and press Enter to open up the Microsoft Store component.
Note: Additionally, you can also open the Microsoft Store by clicking on the tray-bar icon or by using the Start menu to search for it.
- Inside the Microsoft Store, click on the action button (top-right section), then click on My Library from the context menu that just appeared.
- Inside the My Library screen, select the Ready to install category from the lefthand side, then scroll down through the list of programs and click the Install button associated with Forza Motorsport 6: Apex.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and see if the game launches normally at the next startup.